Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Chinese Power Supply PS-1502DD (15V/2A)

original article
   I receive a cheap power supply made in China named PS-1502DD. This power supply can deliver 5 fixed stepts: 1.5V, 3.6V, 4.8V, 6.0V, 7.2V or one adjusting output from 0 to 15V at 2A (theoretically).
   After quick test with Photoframe at 4.8V and 0,63A I realise final transistor (2N3055) is put directly on steel case and is not ok.
  I remove original 2N3055 and I put 2SC5200 on aluminium radiator
   Now, I can power photoframe for long time 😁...
    Ok, I search on net informations about this power supply and I find usefull adresses:
https://abrazifff.livejournal.com/1979.html
https://ru-radio-electr.livejournal.com/1221211.html
http://forum.cxem.net/index.php?/topic/159401-бп-кит-ps-1502dd-как-доработать-регулятор-тока/
https://www.elforum.info/topic/84699-modificare-sursa-laborator-performer-1502dd/page/2/
  The schematic for this power supply is based on "old" LM723 and classical current limiter with transistor, see 

   In article http://anyram.net/blog_ru/?p=155 you can see a god version to decrease power dissipation: use a small microcontroller to "follow" output voltage on a switching power suply instead classical transformer and bridge rectifier...

21 comments:

  1. how is short circuit is working on this circuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the nice writeup and schematics.

    I am trying to disable the inbuilt short circuit protection in 1052DD supply. Any plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why ? you want to fire the house ? 😅😅😅

      Delete
    2. Haha, actually I am trying to run a NEMA17 stepper motor which upon turning on, momentarily shorts the terminals, but this power supply activates protection and prevents motor from working by doing it again and again.

      Delete
    3. you use driver for stepper motor ?

      Delete
    4. I use a driver. It's actually a smart motor by Trinamic. PD42-1270 motor with TMCM-0960 micropython board and CAN interface to computer for monitoring and controlling the motor.
      Issue is the same. The motor just starts on giving command at the computer, but supply enables SS Protection and prevent it from running over and over again.

      Delete
  3. Fire in the house,....run run run.

    I think the input fuse must do it's job at that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you not want current protection disconnect cursor (midle) of potentiometer used for adjust limit current... but I think you will burn the power supply..

      Delete
    2. Okay! Which schematic are you referring to?

      Delete
    3. I think you must test first with other power supply... you can use a PC power supply and also you must measure the current ...

      Delete
  4. Display not working. Any solution please

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you can use chinesse voltmeters

    ReplyDelete
  6. TXN 1502d power supply not show amp plz help

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about buzzer voltage ,im ps-1502DD come not with buzzer ,i want install the buzz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I replace the transformer with 0-24V 3A type?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. My power supply is outing 24 to 28 v. Please help me to find which part is malfunctioning. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revisa potenciometros los que estan alejados separados, puede que se haya desajustado o algo alrededor de este, este fallando

      Delete
  10. Eu comprei uma Fonte assimétrica de bancada 1502dd + aconteceu que ao dar choque em bateria de celular ela esquenta.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello anyone help me to use baku 1502dd display to monitor voltage for my own power supply I got confused about how to modify to use in my own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you not understand how can connect the display used in this PSU, you can buy a generic volt-ammeter

      Delete